FOR RELEASE DECEMBER 8TH 2014
For more information, contact rob at robbyduguay dot com.
Album Title: Robby Duguay’s 12GB of Christmas Vol. 2
Genre: Video Game Christmas Music (retro/electronic/holiday)
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Available on: Bandcamp
Twitter Hashtag: #12GBofChristmas
A second compilation of Video Game Christmas music!
Even more classic video game memories reimagined as Christmas Carols. Count down the 12 days of Nobuo Uematsu, visit the planet Wintertime, or dance along with the Sugar Plum Sprites. Experience a Christmas journey through time, with songs in the style of videos games ranging from 1985-1999. Experience a different way of imagining old carols you know, like “Joy to the World” and “Away in a Manger,” and older more obscure carols like “Once in Royal David’s City” and “Here we come a-Wassailing.”
“When I started making the first volume last year, I wasn’t sure what this project would look like at all. Looking back now, it’s a labour of love and such a joy to share this sometimes strange marriage of Christmas and games with the world. I’ll always be known for my love of Christmas, and being a composer for games, it just seems like the right thing to do. I was really disappointed to not hit 12 tracks last year, so I made sure to do 13 this year and add one as a bonus to Volume 1. I hate to admit it, but I’m starting to run out of public domain carols without reaching too far into the obscure. The obvious one I’ve still skipped it O Holy Night. I’m very hesitant/scared to touch it, because it commands a real majesty. I would need to be certain I’d gotten it right.”
01. Sugar Plum Sprites (01:11) Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
02. How Appropriate – You Fight like a Reindeer (01:09) Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring, Up on the Housetop
03. A:WASSAIL.BAT (01:06) Here we come a-Wassailing
04. Carols go with Everything (01:36) Coventry Carol
05. Once in Royal Motavia City (01:33) Once in Royal David’s City
06. ‘Twas on the Planet Wintertime (01:34) Huron Carol
07. First Lap of Noel (01:14) The First Noël
08. Joybound (01:40) Joy to the World
09. Millennial Christmas Fair (02:28) O Christmas Tree, I saw Three Ships, Away in a Manger
10. Slip Slidin’ Away in a Manger (00:45) Away in a Manger
11. Good King Banjo (01:00) Good King Wenceslas (interrupted by 10 other carols)
12. 12 Day of Nobu (04:36) The Twelve Days of Christmas
Images: (Click to preview, Right-Click to Save As)
What people are saying:
Both albums have a ton of brilliant songs and titles, and the composition is pretty amazing.
Finding it hard to get into the festive mood? Well, don’t worry, because video game composer Robby Duguay has got just what the doctor ordered.
— Maggie McLean (@mjnmclean) December 11, 2014
— Ryan Roth (@DualRyan) December 10, 2014
— Will O'Neill (@willoneill) December 9, 2014
— Henry Faber (@henryfaber) December 8, 2014
— Matt Hawkins (@FortNinety) December 12, 2014