I just saw this video on youtube: To be honest, I didn't know who this was - and that's kind of an important factor in all of this. Looking at another video (No One Will Know, live from Avon theatre), I'm all for the Launchpad/Nord/multitasking thing. It's something I've wanted to do myself, so at first I'm jealous. That being said, the 2+ minute intro was the best part of that song. I decided to post this because I'm not sure how to feel about it.... Pros:
- The recycly-green part of me is happy to hear that some games like Hudson Hawk or Action 52 (shudder) will finally be put to good use.
- It's also a huge positive that this is a really creative way to release an album.
- Anybody who plays a Nord can't be all bad.
- There are some Zelda carts that will be like "golden tickets." Majorly cool.
- His music has absolutely nothing to do with gaming.
- I am very sentimental, and a large part of me hates to see old games go. I collect old consoles and games for that very reason.
- This is a debut album and it strikes me as just marketing. I can't find any info on Fort Atlantic or Jon Black dating any earlier than April 2012. Besides this, there isn't even so much as a wikipedia page.
- THERE ARE SOME ZELDA CARTS THAT WILL BE TURNED INTO GOLDEN TICKETS. blasphemy.